Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 20, 2015

You're There!!


The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. They are planted in the house of the 
Lord; they flourish in the courts of our God. They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare that the Lord is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalm 92:12-15


I have many friends who are ten, twenty, even thirty years younger than me. Where does the time go? One day you are playing with toddlers and the next they are off on their own with professional jobs and families. Time truly does fly. As I age, I can tend to put myself down or think I do not have a chance working again and such negative thinking like that. There is good news! As we get older we have wisdom and experience, not just age spots and wrinkles. If you are pushing forty or older, do not dread it  but embrace life. Do not think life is just for younger folks even though television and magazine ads tend to glorify youth. 

Congratulations, you are there my friend. Do not mope around wanting to turn back the clock. The future is great and it can be bright. All of life prepares you for the next stage. We are not to stay continually in grade school. As a Christian also growth is important and moving beyond the pacifier stage. Our life can truly be wonderful and enriched if only we embrace all it has to offer. Maintain positive thinking and a can do attitude. Do not just talk about what could have been or all the joints you need to replace. 

Start today and think of the possibilities your life has to offer and what you as a person can offer to others. If you catch yourself thinking wrong thoughts just re read the Bible verse above and stay focused on Jesus. 

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for all the years of life you have blessed me with and the experiences and friendships during this journey. Help me as I seek to stay positive and motivated for all the days yet ahead. In Jesus' name. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment