Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

ANONYMOUS CALLER


 Many times when our landline phone at our house rings the caller ID will say "Anonymous Caller" and my initial reaction is to avoid the call assuming it is a sales pitch or plea for money. If your phone number at home is unlisted the callers on the receiving end do not know who is calling so they too may avoid picking it up. Even with a mobile phone if the caller is not in your contact list you may hesitate to answer.

When we "call" on God in prayer, if you have received Him as your savior, then He knows your voice and He knows exactly who you are. He listens and He cares. He speaks back to you through scriptures in the Bible as well as convictions of the spirit inside of you.

John 10:27(NIV) says 'My sheep listen to my voice and I know them and they follow me.' If any of you have ever witnessed a shepherd with his sheep, that is true. The sheep know their master and they know instinctively he will guide them to safety.

Have you asked Jesus to be your Lord and savior? Do you talk to Him in prayer? Have you repented or turned away from those sins that you know separate you from God?

In this world we live in today deceptive spirits of Satan are on the warpath and have captured even some believers to believe his lies. Make no mistake about it, Satan is the great deceiver. But we have the power to defeat him. Many may conform too much to the world and not enough to God. It can happen in a subtle way. Be on your guard. If you have a family member being deceived all you can do is pray that deception would stop and their eyes will be opened once again to the truth.

1 Timothy 4:1(NIV) says 'The Spirit clearly says that in the latter times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.' No one knows the day nor hour of Christ's' return but I feel we are in treacherous times. When a President says publicly "We are no longer a Christian nation" and won't stand up for what is right according to the word of God, trouble is coming.

Does God know your voice? Are you living for Him? Are you turning away from evil and trying to do good? Today if you have never asked Jesus into your heart do it right now. Just say "Jesus come into my heart and live in me. I choose to follow you.Thanks for coming into my heart." Next find a church that is excited about Jesus. This may mean changing the denomination you were brought up in. There won't be denominations in heaven, I am pretty sure. Go where they teach the Bible and you can grow in Christ and are excited about being there.

Listen for God's voice and stay on the path that pleases Him.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus you are my strength, my shield, my deliverer, and my comforter. I thank you for being my shepherd as well. You tend to your flock with loving kindness and mercy. I thank you for that. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment