Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

PARDON MY FRENCH

Have you ever heard someone curse then utter the phrase "Pardon My French" as a way to sort of think it is cute or comical to swear? Perhaps the phrase "They swear like a sailor". Both of these are rather insulting to French born people and sailors who do not curse. Never the less these are little cliches floating around out there.
Do you have a problem with the words that come out of your mouth being negative, hurtful, harmful, lewd, arrogant, belittling, or bragging? In the book of James chapter 3 we are told about the dangers of the tongue. Take a moment and get your Bible and look it up and read it. Verse 11 of that chapter says 'Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same stream?' We all know the answer is NO. Basically this verse likewise is trying to get at the point of our mouths should not bless people one moment and be cursing them the next.
Sad to say that cursing to many has become so common place many are desensitized to it. Many shows on TV just go "bleep" when someone utters a profanity. Many may think their explicative words are perfectly fine. Maybe no one has ever corrected them. When the F word is continually used over and over in someones speech they obviously are hardened by it.Christians slip up and cuss too and God wants you to have a pure heart and pure tongue. If you suffer from this "tongue malady" he can help you be delivered if you really want to.
Ephesians 4:29(NIV) is a good verse to maybe write on a card and refer to it and it says 'Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.'
Today here is a good verse to end with. 'Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.' Psalm 19:14(KJV)
PRAYER: There are times I may be angry or frustrated but Lord forgive me if I have ever used a curse word. Also Lord I want to use my tongue to bring joy and bless people and not hurt them. I know with your help iIcan achieve purity in what comes from my mouth. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment