Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

HURRY UP, WILL YOU!!



Patience is a fruit of the Holy Spirit that is very important to try to cultivate, with God's help, in your life. I often have heard if we pray for patience to look out as many "tests" will come. Seems like in order to learn certain things we need much practice in order to master them. For instance,I am a runner and when I used to run in races on a regular basis, it took a dedicated regimen of training. I could not expect to run in a 10 K race and not become injured if I did not properly train.
Likewise training in patience is sorely needed if we are to ever be able to sit and be still without become agitated.


Galatians 5:22-23(NIV) says 'But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance(patience), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things there is no law. Without patience it is hard to let some of the other fruits of the Spirit "grow" in your life.

Do you have a hard time cultivating this in your life? Be honest with yourself. Do you become easily agitated when things don't happen NOW?

Ephesians 4:1-3 says to us 'I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in it manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.'

My friends if you know you need to work on this area, do not be afraid to pray and ask for God to help you. Your life for the Lord can be so much more peaceful when you are able to get a hold on this and continue working on perfecting it each and every day of your life.

PRAYER:Lord at times it is hard to wait. To wait on test results from school or the doctor, to wait to find out if I get hired for a job, and a myriad of other waiting scenarios. I know Lord with your help I can master this in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment