Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 27, 2013

OH WE GOT TROUBLE!!


 We may indeed have trouble in our world but we do not need to focus on it and dwell on it all the time. I am sure all of us have people we know who continually dwell on doom and gloom. Why not make a practice of trying to say positive things. Try this. "Thank you Lord for my home. Thanks for my friends. Thanks for food to eat. Thanks for having money to spend even if I think I do not have enough. Thanks Lord for my Bible. Thanks Lord for good health and for healing me. Thanks Lord for beautiful flowers and the gift of nature." You get the idea so now try it.
If each and every morning it is your habit to wake up and flip on the morning news then rest assured your mind will be filled with troubles. Likewise if you reach for the morning newspaper before having quiet time with Jesus that too is a solution for bringing you down. Not that these two sources do not occasionally have cheery things in them but the point being if you want to be content, peaceful and not live in constant dread and fear your focus has to be on "above".
Phillipians 4:8(NIV) says 'Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." Whatever your mind dwells on usually is what controls you. Scared of the end of the earth what is happening in the world? Give that care to Jesus. There does not have to be trouble in your heart. Even with the craziness happening around you it is possible to be at peace and set an example for Christ.
PRAYER: Thanks Lord for your perfect peace. I know I need not fear the terror around me and in this world. You are in control and I trust you no matter what the situation looks like right now. Help my unbelief at times. In Jesus name. Amen.
Assignment: Read Psalm 91
Click link below for a great praise song to lift your spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment