Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

BE NICE REGARDLESS


 There is a Bible verse I love and try to live by with God's help and
that is James 1:20(NIV) and it says 'because human anger does not
produce the righteousness God desires.' Isn't that the truth? My next
favorite one is Proverbs 15:1(NIV) which says 'A gentle answer turns
away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.'

Satan is the great divider. He loves causing strife, bitterness,
confusion, misunderstandings, conceit, verbal fights, and physical
fights in all sorts of relationships. If true followers of Christ
really practiced what the Bible said there would be allot fewer
lawsuits, divorces, sibling fights, family divisions, problems at
work, hurt feelings, misunderstandings and marital spats.

If you know how to respond to harsh words or treatment then do it
regardless. Be the "bigger person" and show God's love to mean
spirited people. Try your best to pray for them.

Luke 6:28(NIV) says 'bless those who curse you, pray for those who
mistreat you.' That might seem like a "tall order" when you are
really hurt inside. Think about Jesus up on that cross. He did not
deserve the horrible death he died but yet he said "Father forgive
them for they know not what they do."(Luke 23:34). Another verse I
love and it is good to "sear" into your brain is Romans 12:21(NIV)
which says 'Do not be overcome with evil but overcome evil with good.'

You may be a very compliant, controlled, gentle person and in your
good nature never get hurt or upset but for the rest of us out there
it is my prayer you will keep looking up to Jesus!

PRAYER: Help me Lord to hold my tongue when I would rather get into a
debate over something that is unnecessary. Help me Lord I need your
strength to imitate you. In Jesus' name. Amen

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for being a faithful reader. I appreciate your kind feedback more than you know. it keeps me going.

      Delete