Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

PEACE ROBBERS

We all want to have peace but many things in life can steal our peace. Having bills but no money to pay them could be one. Having money to pay bills but they get lost in the mail can create tension.  Using overnight package delivery only to find out package never reached the person and no one signed for it makes for nervousness. Missing a deadline for a job or school project can surely cause lack of peace. Worrying about something your adult child is doing that you have no control over can make you on edge. Trying to make it to a movie on time and getting stuck in traffic can cause inner turmoil. Being told by a doctor that you have a life threatening disease can stir up negative emotions. Being pulled over by the police whether at fault or not is sure to rattle your nerves. Waking up late and missing an appointment can create uneasiness. I am sure you could add to this endless list.

The thing is we do not have to react in a bad way to nerve racking situations.  I call this list of things  above 'peace tests' and through trials and problems in life we learn to trust God and turn over the controls to him. That is not to say you will never slip back to your old fretful ways but each time a situation occurs that you have a hard time dealing with call on God to help see you through. He can and He will help you. John 16:33 tells us "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

If you call yourself a Christian others may be watching you to see how you react to certain problems that would normally cause a person to come unglued. For instance, just two days ago at the US Army Commissary a woman got bent out of shape because she got in a line that she thought was express but was too long. She got angry at the man on duty and complained it was his fault. I say, what is the big deal? This whole thing was so minor in the big scheme of things. We have to learn to choose our battles.She tried to get  me to chime in with her rant of anger but I refused to do so. I tried to turn the conversation around and get her off this senseless battle that was going nowhere.

Philippians  4:6-7 says "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.'

Isaiah 26:3 says "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Keeping your mind focused on Christ will help you not be down in some pit of despair and worry. Psalm 119:65 says "Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble." Do you love the 'law' or in other words, do you love the word of God? Is it a priority in your life?

The Bible says in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." True peace comes only through the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing more nothing less. John 14:1 says "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

In order to have and maintain peace especially when there's nothing we can do about certain things we have to 'cast our cares on Him' like it says in 1 Peter 5:7. Are you able to cast or throw your cares on God? Psalm 55:22 says "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."

What is your peace robbing challenge today? Turn it over to Jesus for He does care. No need for you to carry that burden on your own anymore.

PRAYER: Lord I need your help on a daily basis to react properly to things that happen in life that could cause me to get mad or get nervous.Problems can overwhelm me but I refuse to let them. I need to lean on you. I want your help to set an example for others who may be watching me and also I need help to maintain peace in order to grow my faith. Strengthen me to handle whatever comes my way. In Jesus name. Amen.

Note: Time for a praise break..click on link and worship the Lord with a song I have included.
http://youtu.be/YYRc0JeQuC0

No comments:

Post a Comment