Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

MORNING PERSON FOR GOD

Do you consider yourself a morning person or a night person or in my case, both? Do you struggle to wake up and stay up or find yourself sleeping in if you do not have to be up? Mornings are a wonderful time of day. It is nice to stick your head out the front door or window and see the sunrise or see geese in flight or the morning contrails high overhead of a jet passing by.It is just peaceful and the calm before the storm so to speak. 

The Bible even says something about mornings. Psalm 119:62 says "At midnight I shall rise to give thanks to You Because of Your righteous ordinances." Psalm 59:16 says "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." Psalm 118:24 says "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

One thing about the morning is if you work it out it is a good time for quiet time with the Lord. Many have to rush off to work but you can attempt to orchestrate your day to rise a tiny bit earlier and sit down with a cup of coffee and read a few Bible verses. Proverbs 31:15 when speaking of the virtuous woman says "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." Oh to be like that. To make yourself not lay around like a sluggard. Proverbs 21:13 says "Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare." Getting out of bed is associated then with taking charge and seizing the day so to speak.  I know as an athlete and runner the best time for me to run is in the morning. The day is not busy yet and it is a time to discipline yourself to get out and get fit. Likewise this early morning time is ideal for getting spiritually fit. Psalm 57:8 says "Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn." Also in Mark 1:35 it says about Jesus "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed".

What about you? Are you able to get up a tiny bit earlier and spend time with God? Can you keep the mornings shows on TV turned off and tune in to God instead?  It is truly a discipline to be able to do this. There are times I have been tired and did not have something to do and thought of going back to bed but then stayed up and got so much accomplished. Try it. Get up and say "thank you Lord for giving me another day to serve you and share your love in this world."

PRAYER: Father  help me to get up and get going each day. Help me to seize the day and the opportunities that await me to be a blessing in someones life. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link to enjoy a wonderful praise song by artist Chris Tomlin to get your day going!
http://youtu.be/QwJV-qVUXuI

No comments:

Post a Comment