Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BEATEN UP BY YOUR FELLOWMAN??

Do you feel like Job in the Bible who seems to have everything go wrong? Has one thing after the other continued to press down on you til you think you can not take it anymore? Have you lost your job? Have friends turned their backs on you? Have you been betrayed by family? Have people told lies about you at work? Have you been wrongly accused of something and are having a hard time proving your innocence? Has there been a death that has left a gaping hole in your heart you feel will never be healed? Are bills piling up but you do not know how you will manage to pay them?

Not everyone has a rosy life. Some people bring on struggles themselves but others have things happen they did nothing to cause.1 Peter 1:7 says "These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."  Psalm 66:10 says "For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver." Sometimes we are put in the refiners fire,so to speak, to test us and grow us and shape us into more of a God like character . We know it says in James 1:2-3 it says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." That is what we are striving for. No one likes suffering. But somethings that happen that seem bad ultimately turn out for our good.

Psalm 145:14 gives encouragement to those who feel like they have lost hope. It says "The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. Psalm 37:24 says "though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand." Psalm 57:6 says "They spread a net for my feet--I was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit in my path--but they have fallen into it themselves."  Psalm 108:13 tells us "With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies." Psalm 147:3 says "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

What is bothering you today? God is for you so who can be against you?(See Romans 8:31). That is all that matters. Hang on. God has a plan!

PRAYER: Lord God help me to trust you and you alone for all that I need in life. When others come against me and hurt me or ridicule me I know you are all that matters.Help me to learn to forgive those who have wronged me. It is love that covers a multitude of sins and love that will win out.I want to focus on your love Lord so I am not sunk into a pity pit or a cavern of despair. Lord I thank you for delivering me. In Jesus Name. Amen.
 
Note: Please take about 4 minutes and listen to the song by clicking link below. It will lift your spirits in a big way. http://youtu.be/cCwAkJQ4-Io

No comments:

Post a Comment