Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

ARE YOU READY?


 
Are you truly ready to meet Jesus and do you know you would be in heaven if you were to die tomorrow? There are many people who think we are living in the last times because of the onslaught of immorality even approved by our own 'once God fearing' government and other signs too. All these people can predict the end of the world and even pin it down to a date but it says in scripture in Matthew 24:36 that "no man knows the day nor the hour". "One man will be in a field plowing and the other be taken" it says in Luke 17:36.
 
The movie series 'Left Behind' is a must see for Christians. Rent it or buy it but see it!! All these scenes from the Rapture and the last days before the anti Christ comes back, known in the movie as Carpathia, are depicted.
 
Ephesians 5:5-6 says "For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient."  Matthew 24:37 says "But just as the days of Noah, so will the coming of The Son of Man be." As you recall Noah was preparing for a flood as people were making fun of Him. But the flood came and life was destroyed. So be ready. Heed the warnings in scripture.
 
Acts 4:14-21 says "Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘In the last days, God says,I will pour out my Spirit on all people.Your sons and daughters will prophesy,your young men will see visions,your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days,and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below,blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

I heard an awesome sermon preached on this a couple weeks ago and it made you think. You can be in your shelter with all your freeze dried food and be fearing catastrophic events. First of all we are 'not to fear' but to trust that if you do what God wants to you to do and follow Him then you will be okay. You do not have to be fretting and wringing your hands in despair.
 
Have you asked Jesus into your heart? I did not say "Are you a church member" or "are you baptized" but have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life today? A denomination will not save you. Your grandmother being a certain church member so therefore you are  in the same church will not save you. Just because you attend church will not guarantee you admission to heaven. Say "Father I ask you to forgive me of my sins. I want to live for you and serve you. Come into my heart and take control."
 
PRAYER: Lord I want to live for you and serve you. I know that I need you to be Lord of my life. I know a denomination does not save me. I know church ritual does not save me. I ask you to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I surrender to you Lord now. In Jesus Name. Amen.
 
Click on link for wonderful worship song"

No comments:

Post a Comment