Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

POOR PITIFUL ME

 I heard someone once say 'pity parties are pitiful'.  We probably have all thrown ourselves one and believe me no one wants to attend. There are no games, refreshments, or gifts and it is a boring, sad thing. Usually pity parties are thrown with one guest and one guest only and that being the person feeling sorry for themselves.

When you feel yourself slumping into a 'woe is me' mode start lifting up the name of Jesus and praising Him. You heard me right! Start saying "I thank you Lord for my food, clothing and shelter. I thank you Lord for friends. I thank you Lord for my family. I thank you Lord for my job and the money it provides. I thank you Lord for a Bible to read as many countries it is against the law." Those are some ways and I am sure you can add some of your own. Then start thinking of those who are lots worse off than you are. Many people have reasons to slump into pity but they choose to not do so. Take Nick Vujicic who was born without arms and legs. I have a link to his website below. If anyone has a reason to be down in the dumps he should, right? But he chooses instead to go around the world spreading God's love.

Are you on the throne of your life or is God? Who really is first? In the Bible it speaks of dying to self. 1 Corinthians 15:31 says "I die every day--I mean that, brothers--just as surely as I glory over you in Christ Jesus our Lord." Each day get up and say "this is your day Lord. Show me how to be a blessing to someone today." When you praise him it is hard to complain and worry about your own problems. Luke 9:23 says "Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
If you are constantly feeling left out or hurt maybe it is time to let God be your best friend and not worry about going to pity parties.

PRAYER: Lord my hope and strength are in you although at times the enemy comes in and makes me feel sorry for myself. That is the time I need to take the 'sword of the 'spirit' which is the Bible and defeat the enemies lies with the promises in God's word. Forgive me for ever feeling sorry for myself. I know many are worse off than me. I want to show love to others around me and therefore take my mind off myself. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Click on links below for Life Without Limbs and a wonderful praise song to get you out of any down mood you might be in today. Be blessed!
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

http://youtu.be/uyvoU-e-slw



No comments:

Post a Comment