Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

TOWER OF STRENGTH

A tower is a symbol of strength and power. In scripture Jesus is referred to as a tower. Proverbs 18:10 says "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."  2 Samuel 22:2 continues by saying "He said: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer." A tower is part of a fortress at least back in the old Army days. If you visit a coastal fort you will note the towers on four corners which were look out posts of sorts to warn others of impending danger and enemy ships approaching. The tower was a means to watch out for the enemy and stay protected. God is like that. Psalm 61:3 says "For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe". Proverbs 14:26 says "He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge."

Who is your protection and fortress? Who do you turn to when things are not going good? Do you know Jesus as your saviour? Is He your tower of strength? Ask him to be Lord of your life today.

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for being my strong tower and my deliver. I thank you for helping me fight the battles in my life and protecting me from attacks from Satan. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Note: I hope you will be able to attend a house of worship today to lift up the name of Jesus and get spiritually strengthened for your week ahead. I have included a song to go along with the devotion today. Turn up speakers and worship the Lord in his holiness. Happy Sunday!


http://youtu.be/lLYnN3rRC1Q

No comments:

Post a Comment