Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WORRIED AND FEARFUL?

Are you not able to stop worrying about stuff? It is pretty easy to dwell on issues and problems in life and to let them literally consume us or 'eat us up' on the inside. There may be things going on with a family member, a friend or at work. Whatever the case and whatever the problem God is your source of strength. He does not want you sitting around moaning, groaning, and worrying trying to reason things out in your head. He wants you to give him your problems.

What has you consumed by fear and worry? The opposite of fear is faith and peace. Isaiah 41:10 says "So do not fear, for I am with you;  do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Further in 1 Peter 5:7 it says to "Cast all your care on Him for he cares for you."  Cast means to throw out there liking when you cast a fishing line into the water. You want to throw it as far as you can so you have a better chance of getting a fish on your line. So do that with worry. Throw it as far off as you can. The battle we are fighting is a spiritual battle. In 2 Chronicles 20:15 it reminds us "...For the battle is not yours, but God's." Keep that all important fact in mind. You do not have to carry burdens on your own. 

John 14:27 says "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." You can not have peace and worry at the same time. Get your mind on something else. Start praising God out loud for the answers to prayers. Start thanking him for victory even before it happens.

2 Tim 1:7 says "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." You can control this fear by leaning on the promises of God in his word. But of course you will have fear if you never pick up the Bible and never pray. This is what ideally Satan is hoping for. Satan wants you to think the Bible will not help. He wants you to think prayer won't help. Do not believe him as he is a liar!

Romans 8:15 says "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Who do you trust today? "But wait you do not understand how big my issue is!" Oh yes he does. Luke 1:37 reminds us "For nothing is impossible with God."

PRAYER: Lord I have had times when I have been fearful or worried and could not think about anything else. I know you care about what is happening in my life and I know you hear me. I ask Lord you help me to get into the word each day to combat the lies the enemy throws at me and the doubts and fears he puts in my mind. If I fill my mind up with your word there is little left for worry. In Jesus Name. Amen.

2 comments: