Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

BUSY FOR GOD: NOT THE TICKET TO HEAVEN

Many people think working in their church is what God expects of them to get to heaven. You can do all sorts of good 'church things' and be on wonderful 'church committees' but that is not the formula for winning admission into heaven. You can stay so busy you have no time nor energy to minister to those around you. For some people these acts of service seem to be the ticket to life in heaven. Many can not seem to stop filling up their schedules with wonderful Christian activities. You can do so many that you do not do any really well. Then  you are tired and worn out and have no time for the family at home that loves you.

I once heard an acronym for BUSY was 'being under Satan's yoke'. There are religious sects that feel that works save them. Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." Sure once you know Jesus as your saviour your heart will change and you will want to do things for people but it is not necessary to be on every church committee or in every Bible study to enter heaven.

2 Timothy 3:4-5 says we are to beware of people who are "treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them." Perhaps this could mean those who are real 'churchy' and 'religious' but do not want to name the name of Jesus or talk too much about Him. Their committees at church will suffice. That is plenty of 'religion' for them. We are to train ourselves to be godly it says in 1 Timothy 4:7, not 'religious'. I often hear people say someone must be going to heaven because they are 'religious'. Being religious is not the way to heaven but knowing Jesus as your saviour is.

Matthew 7:22-23 says "Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ This will surprise many who feel they have done so much. It is not the doing but the believing Jesus and asking Him to be your Lord and saviour.

Where is your heart today? Are you connected to the power source, that being the Lord Jesus Christ? Denominations and church membership do not save you nor do 'works' save you. If you are not sure you can ask Him into your heart right now. Say "Lord Jesus I am a sinner and I need you in my life. I want to live for you and follow you all the days of my life. Come into my heart right now."

PRAYER: Father I love you and do like to do good things for people but I know these works alone do not save me. Transform my heart to be more like yours. Help me shine Jesus light around me wherever I go. In Jesus Name. Amen. 


Note: I saw the following video clip on NRB TV and it sort of puts in a comical way the way some Christians view their entrance into heaven. Click on link below.
http://youtu.be/3P_fsoFkzXA

No comments:

Post a Comment