Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

ROADBLOCKS TO JESUS

What is standing in the way of you getting closer to the Lord? Do you feel it is not necessary to get 'too religious' and therefore do not pursue anything more than Easter and Christmas because hey "how could God not let us into heaven"? Do you feel that if you became committed to the Lord all your fun would end and you would be like living in a monastery? Are you afraid friends will not understand? Do you feel you are okay the way you are? You say "There are way too many phony people who call themselves Christians so I want no part of it". Another excuse is that it is a 'crutch'.  Whatever the reason God is pursuing you. Being a church member is not enough or not even mentioned in the Bible. Affiliating with a particular denomination is not the answer. Showing up one day a week in church is really great but we should want more. Just because you are were born in America does not automatically make you a Christian either.

Matthew 11:28 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Come to him. He is waiting for you. He is not giving you stars on some sort of chart for being good. We have all probably heard the saying "Christians aren't perfect just forgiven." Basically that is true. No one is perfect except  Jesus. We strive to be like Him. That is the ultimate goal to be Christlike in our actions and thoughts.

1 Corinthians 1:18 says "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." A lack of spiritual understanding is a real roadblock to knowing Jesus. People who have not asked Jesus into their heart do not really get much out of the Bible because it seems foolish.

So what is stopping you from getting closer to the Lord? Have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life? Stop right now and pray "Lord Jesus I need you. Come into my heart now and take control. I want to live for you and serve you. Forgive me for my sins and help me now turn away from doing what does not please you." You can pray that simple prayer and then ask God to give you a desire to know Him better through the reading his word, The Bible. Start in the book of John. Also there are 31 days in most months so  you could take one of the 31 chapters of Proverbs and read one daily as well.

Take down the roadblocks and allow Jesus to take the wheel and direct your life.

PRAYER: Lord God I thank you for helping me to remove roadblocks in my life that are keeping me from knowing you better. Forgive me for when I do not want to spend time with you. Give me the desire Lord to make time for you so all the roadblocks come down. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Note: Take the time to enjoy the attached short praise and worship song.

http://youtu.be/wutmEjdbedE

No comments:

Post a Comment