Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

PATIENCE NOW!!

Slow down now. What is the hurry. Things can backfire if you try to rush them and orchestrate them and not wait on God's Timing. Boy it is hard to wait. We anticipate something and want it to happen now. But God has a plan and a time for everything. If we try to do things our own way and put them in our hands and out of God's things could backfire in big way. Think of Sarah and Abraham not being patient and trusting God for a child. Whew. You know the outcome there. Chaos resulted ever since then.

 Some scenarios for waiting in our human world are at the bank, the post office, the DMV, the doctors office, gas station, airports, or waiting to see if you made it into a certain school or club or did you pass the audition and get a part in the school play. Times of waiting also include medical test results, getting into college or waiting to see if you got a certain job.

What does God's word have to say about patience? We know we need it to get through life. Like tonight I had to wait over 30 minutes for my bag to come at the airport upon my return. Nothing you could do by getting mad. Psalm 40:1 says "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry." Do not be in such a hurry all the time. It is easier said than done.
Tonight I am asking patience from my readers since it is nearly midnight and I am just now getting my Saturday blog out. Stay tuned for more on patience later. Be patient with me. As the saying goes "Be patient with me God is not finished with me yet'. Have a blessed Sunday.
 
PRAYER: Father I thank you for your patience with me when I do not always do they things that please you. Help me be patient with those in my life Lord and with situations in my life. In Jesus Name. Amen.
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment