Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

KNOCK KNOCK LORD...IT'S ME

Matthew 7:22 says "Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?"  We somehow think that doing certain things is enough to 'get by ' with God. The passion for Christ is just not there. It might have been at one time but we are stagnant and just simply coast through our day barely giving God even a minute of our time. Maybe at one time you were 'on fire' for God but something happened. Perhaps you went off to college where professors seem to do a good job of putting down 'Christianity' and making you doubt what you know to be true and right. So you get intellectual, forget God and chose another path and broke your parents hearts.

Do you 'talk' to God on a regular basis? Do you feel if you started praying again he would not listen as you had not been doing it all along? Well I have news for you. God is waiting for you to call on Him. He misses time with you and wants you to 'call on him' in prayer. Prayer is simply talking to God. It does not have to be a bunch of thees and thous but simply say 'hey God it's me..sorry I have neglected my time with you but I'm back. I want to make time in my day for you." Something like that. You can do the talking. He will hear you. Many who have gotten intellectualized feel that all religions will get you to God and even try to say this country was founded on religious tolerance and mess up the whole meaning the founding fathers had. The word of God was extremely important in the founding of this nation. It was the backbone for all laws. Somehow Satan has come in and muddled minds and tricked people into believing a lie. But your eyes may have been opened again and you are back.

John 14:15-16 says "If you love me, obey me; and I will ask the Father and he will give you another Comforter, and he will never leave you." God wants you to desire time with him. We give time to so much other stuff in our day that does not really matter. Now God is knocking on your hearts door. It says in scripture in Revelation 3:20 "Behold I stand at the door and knock, If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Many things come in and drag us away from God and we start believing lies as being truth and feel like the Bible is just not that important anymore and put it away somewhere where you can not even find it. That Bible needs to be out next to you on a coffee table and read daily as it is the 'armor of God' to protect you from Satan's onslaught during the day. And Satan will come and deceive you and drag you away from being closer to God. You have to recognize this and say " In Jesus name I resist you devil. Get out of my life. I choose from this day forward to give Jesus first place in my life again and not listen to your lies that have been dragging me down hill away from the Lord."

Do you love God, obey God, honor God and keep his commandments? Do not just be a 'Christian in name only' or a CINO. Be a committed Christian who does not hide out somewhere afraid for others to find out. You can not really love God without obeying him and being committed to spending time with him.We spend hours of time getting ready for work and  maybe just grab our Bible and read a verse before going out into the day.Make yourself sit down, turn off the TV, and honor God by giving him dedicated time in prayer and the word.

So 'knock knock God it is me' is a good way to come back to him and say "Lord I am hear again. Sorry I went away. I am sorry I put you on the shelf and went my own way. I am sorry I sought my own pleasures on the Sabbath day. I know what your word says about spending time with you and I have been rebellious and done my own thing. I knew better Lord but my heart got hard and I listened to other voices placed there by Satan. I know Lord that the devil does not want me to go to church and spend time in the word and I ask your forgiveness as I have listened more to Satan than to you. I have let the world try to shape me into its' mold and make me feel I did not need you on a daily basis. It is time right now today Lord for me to toss off things that hinder me being close to you. I am ashamed that I have not spent time with you. I know how I was raised and I lost my first love and went and did my own thing. Shame on me. Please forgive me Lord. I resist the enemy I in Jesus Name he has to flee.I know Lord you are waiting for me to come back to you with my whole heart. Forgive me Lord and help me Lord to be faithful. Help me not cave in to the pleasures of the world that have been dragging me away from you. I know better.  I am here now Lord running back to you and asking you to guide me as I run back to you with my whole heart!"

Romans 12:1-2 says "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

So what is stopping you? Deep down inside you know being estranged from the Lord and barely giving him more than a dinner time prayer is not the way to go.You know and have been taught what you need to do to grow in Christ but you got 'too big for your britches' so to speak and just thought God seemed like a waste of time. It is time to take inventory of your life and ask yourself sincerely are you truly on the path God wants you to be or do you need to restructure your day and activities and give God a place of prominence he deserves again in your life.

PRAYER: Lord today I come to you asking you to forgive me for neglecting you. I know what the Bible says. I know I can not grow strong in the Lord unless I am committed to daily getting into the Bible. I know if I want to stay in shape physically I can not do it by 'wishing' I were toned and muscular but I have to spend time working out. Help me Lord to get my 'spiritual muscles' back in shape too. Help me Lord to resist Satan's attacks to pull my in the wrong direction. Help me stop doing my own thing on Sundays before I spend time going to a church where God's word is preached. Help me stop lying to myself and making excuses but get started now on the road to 'spiritual recovery'. In Jesus Name. Amen.

NOTE: Once again when you are able go somewhere where you can turn up your speakers and listen to the following Matthew West praise song I have attached. It should truly bless you. Enjoy this day God has given and go make a difference in someones life.

http://youtu.be/OHUppFNjy5E

No comments:

Post a Comment