Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

NO EXPIRATION DATE??

 Many people are concerned about when and how they will die. Some people may even be scared by it.Actually it is a classified phobia called 'thanatophobia'.  Maybe you worry you will get killed in a car wreck. Two weeks ago on the way to church an approaching vehicle crossed over the center line and came straight towards us. The good news is I am still here as I swerved and did not get hit head on. Perhaps  you worry about your children dying in accidents especially if they do dangerous things. You may wonder if you will get cancer and die before you are fifty. Maybe you worry you will die in an airplane crash or a roller coaster accident. You might want to try sky diving but be fearful of the consequences if the parachute fails to deploy. The whole point first is to not worry.Philippians 4:6 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

 God knows the time and hour you will die. We are not here to be here forever. Just as  in the movie 'Forever Young' where actor Mel Gibsons' character wanted to be frozen and come back to life after his girlfriend was better after an accident that had left her in a coma.We can not control our destiny. Only God can.There are people today who would like to be frozen so they can stick around a few years. I can not understand myself what a person has in gaining to come back in a whole different world. God has us here for such a time as this and a reason and a season.

Psalm 90:10 says "The length of our days is seventy years--or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away." Some are given more than 70 and some much less. Why is this? We are not to question God or his purposes. We are to live here each and every day to the fullest and give the Lord our all. You should live each day as if it were your last.

Are there people in your life you need to forgive? You never know when you will be taken off the earth or they may and you will never get the chance. To those you love,love them with all your being as if each day is the last. Just think how this would change relationships if we truly lived each day as if it was our last one on earth. Be careful of harsh or hurtful words to those you love as you may not get a chance to say you are sorry.
Try as we might there is no fountain of youth to keep us young, vital and here indefinitely. We are all going to 'expire'. Yes you heard me. You do have a shelf life. James 4:13-15 tells us "Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”  It is good to make plans and live every day to the fullest. Do not sit around worried about when you are going to leave this earth or how. Just enjoy your life. As it says in Ecclesiastes 5:18 says ""Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his. Enjoy your life and do good for the kingdom of God while you are here. You are not here by some freak accident. in further study take a few minutes and read Chapter 39 of Psalms.

Lots of things have expiration dates. Medicine, dairy products, luncheon meat and a host of other items.  All we humans will eventually die or as some say "expire'. Wow I am going to expire?? Sounds bizarre doesn't it? Each of us is appointed once to die. Hebrews 9:27 says "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment."  God knows the time and hour. The very hairs of our head are numbered. Since we do not know when this 'expiration date' is what are we doing in the meantime to make an impact for the kingdom of God? We do in fact have a free will . It is in fact puzzling to this writer and confusing as to in fact if we have a free will then how does God know the day and hour we will die? I am not sure of the answer other than "He is God the Almighty creator of heaven and earth and knows all things." Why do babies die? That I can not begin to  answer either but I do know God has a plan and purpose and all things will work out for his purposes. Most people are familiar with Romans 8:28 which says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." We do not always know his purposes. They are beyond human understanding at times. We must have faith and believe that God has all our best interests at heart. Do you know you will spend eternity with him in heaven when you die? Joining a  church does not guarantee it. Going to church does not guarantee it. Being a certain denomination is not a guarantee of heavenly admission. Matthew 7:22-23 says "On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’  And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

You must ask Jesus to be Lord of your life and you must repent and turn from your wicked ways and desire to follow him. Say "Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I need you in my life. I want to spend eternity in heaven with you. I am sorry for ignoring you and leading a life my own way and not following you.Come in to my life right now and save me. In Jesus Name. Amen."

PRAYER: Dear Lord since I do not know the day nor the hour you will call me home to be with you help me to learn to live each day as if it were my last. Help me treat those people in my life with kindness and Christian love. If there is someone I need to forgive bring their name to mind. If there is something I have done I need forgiveness for bring that to mind. I want to lead a life that pleases you. Guide my steps Lord and show me the way. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Note: I once again have attached a song for you to listen to when you are able. It is older but the message is clear...People Need the Lord!

http://youtu.be/1uZcGaixMhg

No comments:

Post a Comment