Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 3, 2011

FOLLOW HIM, TRUST HIM, HANG ON!!

Is something bad going on in your life you are having a hard time dealing with?You say, "Why me Lord"? Why not you? It is not about us anyway. The Lord never promised our road in life was going to be without incident or bumps. It is sometimes those little so called problems or 'issues' that develop character and make us stronger. Perhaps the Lord is preparing you to minister to someone else with similar struggles. Don't beat yourself up and condemn yourself and sit at a pity party no one else wants to attend. Pull yourself up and march on. There may  be problems but God is not going to let them consume you. Isaiah 43:2 says "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,Nor will the flame burn you." God has not and will not abandon you. You may have friends who fail you but God will never do that. He is your forever friend! Deuteronomy 31:6 says "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

You can operate in fear and be tormented or you can choose to operate in faith and have peace in your heart. You must choose to trust God for the outcome of whatever it is you are going through. Romans 8:28 is a familiar verse and it says "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Do not be consumed by fear and the 'what ifs' of life. 1 Peter 5:7 says "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." Give those problems to Him and try to stop taking them back all the time. Trust Him. God knows your heart and He knows your pain and you will learn through things you go through. Oh we want things to be over and healed so bad but maybe that is not God's plan at the moment. We have to wait for God's timing for things. Fretting and trying to fix things ourselves in not the thing to do. Wait on God.

God wants you to come to Him with your needs and concerns. Do not shut him out of your life or feel He has shut you out of His life. He is your 24/7 God. Always on call around the clock and around the globe. 2 Chronicles 20:15 says "He said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's." There is no mountain too high that God can not get you over it so to speak. The enemy, Satan, is out to defeat you and cause you discouragement. Do not listen to the lies of Satan but listen to the promises of God which bring hope and peace. In Joel 2:25 it has a promise to us and it says " And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten." This means even if things seem bad now, keep praying and keep believing. God cares and he can get you out of whatever pit you find yourself in.

God will not let you wander in the desert forever. He can and will capture the hearts of those you are praying for. Keep believing.God can take your brokenness and turn it into a blessing for you and for others. It is the enemy who totally tries to destroy you and get you into a hopeless state. You are never hopeless with the Lord on your side.

Whatever you are going through the Lord really does care. Do not give up on Him and keep praying and keep believing someday the sun is going to shine again. It will. Colossians 4:2 says "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful". Also Luke 18:1 says "Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." So pray hard and trust God. I will end with one final scripture that can give you hope. Psalm 27:3 says "Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident." Just talk to the enemy and say "Devil I will not listen to your lies because I am a child of God and I will have victory. Be gone in Jesus name."

PRAYER: Dear Lord whatever it is I go through this day I know you are there beside me and you care about me. I know whatever happens in life it does not last forever. When the enemy tries to lie to me I will reject his lies and listen to your promises. Thank you for my Bible. Forgive me for times I have not looked to it ,or you, for strength and have been consumed by my little piddly problems. I know you have a plan and I ask you to give me peace in the journey. In Jesus Name. Amen.


NOTE:  For those of you reading this in an office you may not be able to listen to the occasional You Tube praise song I attach but I urge you when you get home to turn up your speakers and listen to this song. Be blessed today!
http://youtu.be/uHdcyue0bSw

No comments:

Post a Comment