Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Are You Fit?

 


For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.1 Timothy 4:8


When you think of the word ‘fit’ what comes to mind? Perhaps exercising and staying in shape that at the beginning of a new year appears on many peoples list of ‘to do’. 


Besides your physical body which is the temple of God there is a much more important type of fitness and that is spiritual fitness. Do you go to church on Sunday and then spiritually shut down the remainder of your week? Maybe you don’t attend at all saying things like “I don’t need a brick and mortar building to prove I love Jesus” or “I worship in nature” or “I haven’t gone in years and know I need to start back”. 


Church is not about religion as religion is dry and boring. Church should be life giving and a place you want to be. Believers are ‘the church’ when you take on the nature and character of God. Maybe commit in 2022 this is the year things will be different spiritually. If you aren’t worshipping God who or what captivates you?


PRAYER: Lord I thank you for the many Bible believing churches spreading the love of Jesus even in the pandemic. Use me to draw others to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment