Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 13, 2022

The Broken Cross



And suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were unfastened.Acts 16:26


Recently a favorite small wooden cross that held a special significance to me broke. I am hoping to glue it together. In the meantime it went in a jewelry music box for safe keeping. The cross itself is what Christians identify with.


Think about the cross for a moment. It was how criminals died in Jesus’ time. By crucifixion on two beams crossing each other. A horrible way for anyone to die hanging there while blood drains out of your body and ravens pick at you from above. How could something horrible be a symbol of something wonderful? 


You may have things that are special to you that someone close to you gave you. If they get misplaced you get sad. Think of the cross of Jesus Christ one of the most special symbols ever. This broken cross was given to me by a stranger who did not know I had junk going on in my life but God knew. Similarly I found a palm cross outside my car door several years ago when I had a major issue bringing conflict in my life. It stood for a sign of peace and I see it as a miracle from God. Maybe you can site incidents such as this. 

Lean on God look for miracles in your brokenness. 


PRAYER: I thank you Lord for both the good and not so good in life because I am drawn closer to you. There are people I know who don’t think they need you anymore or are mad at you for something like death of a loved one. Help these people have mended hearts and spirits and come back to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment