Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Time To Get Serious About Prayer

 





Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying. Romans 12:12

When you pray do you wait until a crisis erupts or are you pressing in each and every day? It is easier to go the prayer route in a crisis as even ‘non spiritual’ friends may ask you to pray for them because you seemingly have a ‘hotline’ to God. 

My friend we should pray in season and out of season.(2 Timothy 4:2). It is easy to tell someone you will pray for them then unless you write it down most likely it is forgotten. You could stop then and there when the request is made and lift the matter up in prayer if the person who asked is okay and comfortable with that. 

For me, areas of concern I can think of now are my grandchildren, a coffee shop owner to have thriving business, broken relationships to heal, Covid to disappear, loneliness of friends who are alone, for my pilot son daily, my spouse each day he goes to work remotely, protection of my great niece in LA, nephew house issue to be resolved, for my sister and brother in law health and jobs, encouragement for church plant pastors such as our pastor Brian, and many more things. Focus on what God promises to do. Always be thankful no matter what. Feed your mind on good things not a steady diet of secular TV and things that aren’t necessary. God loves you my beloved and you are important to him. Make time in your day to commune with him in prayer. 

PRAYER:Jesus you are my everything. Thank you for using me in the life of others to lift them up. When I am feeling down help me to kneel quickly in prayer and cry out to you. Satan can not and will not gain access to my life or life of my family. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Yes, it is time for all God's children to get serious about prayer. This is an issue that my best friend and I are dealing with as we see less and less prayer and Bible study among those who profess to be believers. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete