Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Selfish…Who Me??



Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;Romans 12:10

Recently I had to deal honestly with emotions I was experiencing over my granddaughters 4th birthday wondering why no invite to come the ‘day of‘ thus digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole going nowhere. Well meaning fellow grandma friends comments were “that’s not right” “you deserve to be there” and so forth when in actuality I was the one being self centered and selfish putting my expectations on my son and his sweet wife. Thankfully I kept my mouth shut which was wisest thing to do. 

A grandparent is a job most look forward to but there is no job description or list of what is right and wrong. Every family is different. The demon of discouragement and comparison tries desperately to get you to succumb to anger but thankfully in my case after a phone call came and we were able to sing Happy Birthday I came to my senses again. Praise God. 

Grandparents have no rights per se. The child belongs first to God then to your children who bore he or she. There is no rule book saying holidays all need to be a family and things like that. It is a precarious thing to juggle and be happy with your decision. To stay on the parents ‘nice’ list it is essential to be still and keep quiet and be grateful for the times you do have. 

PRAYER: Lord my prayer is whether or not someone is a grandparent or not they got something from this writing today. Help me to put a watch over my heart and mouth and not get self centered but put others first. It truly is not about me so forgive me when I acted that way. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment