Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Think First

 

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19
If you suffer from impulsive behavior thinking first will take some work but for the rest of you it is really important to consider how you will reply to someone.
Stop, think, go. Be wise and be prudent.
Before you respond to an email, stop, think, proceed. One night I was constructing an email that I proofread a few times before sending it to make sure it didn’t convey wrong message or guilt the person receiving it. I had attached some photos and was ready to send when poof, my screen went dark. The email was lost. Maybe an answer from God I needed to wait a full 24 hours before my response.
Thinking before reacting is so vital to have a balanced life. Don’t just fly off the handle with the first thought or emotion in your head or things could get nasty real fast. Be still and pray. Give some time and thought to your response. Don’t proceed until you do this and make sure you feel at peace over it.
PRAYER: How I wish I could take back misspoken words, bad emails, hurtful texts, but I can’t. All I can do is learn from mistakes and try with your help Lord to be Christlike in my communications. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment