Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Don’t Let Satan Get The Upper Hand


Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.1 Peter 5:8-9

Have you ever allowed a situation to overwhelm and control you? Usually this domination of your mind by Satan comes when you have not talked to God in prayer and instead started to let your emotions control you. You select the scenario I have a few of my own. 

Recently I was down in the dumps over something and a couple hours went by before I had an ah-ha moment and realized the enemy was toying with me. After all if the little weasel can get me under his spell no telling what mistakes I will make plus I wouldn’t be very effective at helping others through writing. 

So my friend the next time you are gloomy and feelings of negativity creep in stop and realize what is happening. Fear, mind torture, worry and things remotely like them aren’t from the Lord. 

PRAYER: Thanks for each day you give me Lord. Shame on me for not getting first things first and spending time alone in Bible reading and prayer. When I am lonely that is exactly the time to fight the spiritual war that the enemy wants me to lose. I choose prayer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment