Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Help The Broken-hearted....That Could Be All Of Us!!



“He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted … to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.” Isaiah 61:1b, 3a (NIV)

This verse was given to me by the Holy Spirit the day I started volunteer counseling at Choose Life/Save A Life in Huntsville, Alabama several years ago. I was having a quiet time of sorts in a nearby coffee shop praying about my encounters with clients and my Bible 'fell open' to this verse. It was not the first time this has happened. 

Do you know God has a purpose and plan for your life and knows ahead of time how you will impact the world around you. This verse is tremendous and contains much power and promise. The word is where you  get help for any situation you are dealing with now or in the future. 

Are you sent to help bind up the heart of broken hearted people who come across your path? You never know what a kind word or act may do to impact a hurting person. Not every broken person looks broken but God knows the pain they are in. You can minister to others and help them deal with their pain. You are God's tool of sorts. Who can you impact today? Look around and keep smiling even if you hurt as well. 

PRAYER: I am grateful I live in a place I can share Christ with others without fear of persecution, death, or jail time. Many may try to change this but you Lord help keep us lifted up above our enemies to share your good news to those who are in pain. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment