Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 3, 2021

I’ll Be Praying For You...Whoops I Forgot

 


Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?James 2:15-16

Do you like to pray? Did you know that prayer does not require a degree or great knowledge of scripture because it is simply talking to God. 

I am not sure if you can identify with this but have you ever had a friend or even a stranger ask for prayer for and you tell them you will be praying for them then because you did not write it down it slips your mind? I have a good longtime friend who will ask if there is anything I need prayer for? Pretty neat to make it a priority. 

The verse for today can maybe be related to saying something like you will pray but then you never really intended to it was just a nervous response. Why not make 2021 the year you follow through and pray and set aside time in your day to talk to God. Put Him on your appointment calendar. 

PRAYER: It’s me God. I need help staying on task when it comes to my daily quiet time and also making prayer a top priority. Help me ignore nay sayers and the enemy that will try to get me to stop cause nothing is happening and instead press on and know it will! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Note: today is the beginning of 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer. I included a link for information. https://21days.churchofthehighlands.com/


1 comment:

  1. I have found that when someone asks me to pray for them, I ask them if we can pray at that time. It helps me and it helps the other person. On November 1, a lady who had moved away from our city came back to town to participate in a special service at our church. I shared with her that I was glad she came and told her about my, then, upcoming surgery. She immediately pulled two others into our group and prayed for me. I really appreciated her action. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete