Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Love My Enemies, Really?



But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44

It is a tall order for some, but how on Earth am I supposed to love those who hate me or people like me, are you serious Jesus?  People who mock you, lie to you, block you, unfriend you, annoy you, ignore you, bully you, persecute you, threaten harm against you, and so forth. 

Not how on Earth but how for the sake of Heaven and living like a follower of God, that's how! Don't get into needless arguments with people on social media because of differing political opinions for instance. Social media used to be a happy place where people posted family pictures and things going on in their lives and now it has turned into a free for all with even believers posting ugly things that they probably would not even want to show Jesus.

Guess what? Jesus saw it. He is there. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit three in one. Nothing escapes his view. He loves you and it breaks His heart to see the sin in the world some perpetuated by His followers.Tell God you are sorry and that you want to change. Pray for your enemies and those who hurt you physically, spiritually and emotionally. Just like Jesus said when he was being crucified on the cross, "Father forgive them they know not what they do"(Luke 23:34), then move on and seriously pray for all people to want to come to Jesus. 

PRAYER: Jesus you are Lord of my life. I have often times done things that have broken your heart and have not been in the position to share the Gospel with others due to hate in my heart. Give me nothing but compassion for those souls that are lost and hurting. Give me strength to witness even to the unlovable. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment