Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Wrong Reasons



But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.Matthew  6:3-4

Over the Christmas season generosity was at it’s max. Pleas over network TV to fill boxes, kettles, and hearts. I assume giving can significantly be impacted the months following if people did it for the wrong reasons.

When you give you are not to sound a trumpet and holler out “hey look at me and what I am doing” and also you are not to give under duress or obligation(2 Corinthians 9:7;Matthew 6:2) but only if your heart is really in it. It is neat to be able to just be kind and ask God for opportunities to meet true needs. 

How about it? Want to feel good inside and make someone else feel good as well? Pray for open door to be a blessing without being a show off or tooting your horn or doing it just for tax write off. 

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for blessing me so I can be a blessing to others. Help me not get tempted to give only to prove something but do it from my heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment: