Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Jesus Yearbook Photo



Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time. 1 Peter 5:6

Pretend for a moment Jesus is in a high school yearbook. Most yearbooks have the back sectioned like an index listing what pages a person is located on and by the  senior picture list the  High School activities such as Pep Club 1,2,3,4 Yearbook 3,4 and so forth.

I would venture to say that Jesus would not seek out trying to be popular but would be hanging out with those kids that school and activities may have forgotten. The less popular, ones who got made fun of. Perhaps from a low income family with a blue collar job. The lowly who feel people have forgotten them would be on the top of his ‘friend’ list. No pomp and circumstance here for the King of Kings.

Staying humble, teachable, and willing to put others before yourself is the key to a life set apart for God. Don’t just hang with those who can help you get ahead but be willing to stoop down and help those society has forgotten. Dying to self is the real key to a fulfilling life.

PRAYER: Father open my eyes to the needs of individuals I encounter on a daily basis. I know you have me exactly where I am for a distinct purpose to work for your kingdom. Help me to know I am not here for myself and to share your love all around me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Bible Gateway is the source I use for my scriptures. Check it out on biblegateway.com

1 comment:

  1. Becky: This is a very important thought. Jesus did not come to earth as a worldly king, a rich man, or a 'big man on campus.' He came as a baby who was born into a poor family and his first visitors were equally poor, the shepherds. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete