Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Me, Me, Me, Me



I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.Galatians 2:20

It is easy to get caught up in self here in 2020 as we indulge in Facebook, selfies, and all about me. Trying to fit an image given by magazines or TV which does not even matter anyway. You have to dig the urge to do all things for only you. Like a toddler who says “mine” it is necessary to grow up and grow beyond self.

A dear friend gave me a cute sign that simply reads “be yourself everyone else is taken” and this is something you have to get comfortable doing not trying to put yourself in the center but thinking of others as greater than yourself. (See Philippians 2:3). 

Don’t worry about others or try to be a carbon copy of others. God created every person unique with different gifts and abilities, unique personalities. Surround yourself with positive people. Don’t conform to the world but let your light shine bright in a different way and Christ be known.

PRAYER: Father I need strength each day to not be like the world and to stand out for the kingdom. I pray for young people and teens who sometimes struggle more with wanting to fit in and caving to a life they really don’t want. Give me grace and help me treat all people kind and with respect. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment