Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Look Up!!



“At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When  these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." Luke 21:27-28

Look around you on any given day and what is a prevalent thing you notice in crowds of people? I notice men, women, teens, and sadly some children looking down at the tiny screen that beckons them. So much is missed  nowadays because a great deal of potential interaction face to face is alleviated by the tiny screen monster. A good tool yes but one that can break relationships.

Looking up is important. When you walk if you don’t look up you may fall off a curb, down steps, walk into a moving vehicle. In the Army there was a Jody call that simply said “what’s the use of looking down ain’t no discharge on the ground” a catchy tune to run to and stay in formation, but also a statement with much truth.

Some day Jesus is coming back. It is exciting to think about. The Bible says “when we least expect it”(Matthew 24:44). Are you ready for His return? Are you looking up, reaching out, sharing His love wherever you go? Look out expectantly and in the meantime go do some kingdom work.

PRAYER: Oh Lord I am excited about your return. I thank you for the gifts and abilities you give me to use to bring glory to you and to help share the love of Christ. Forgive me when I am on my tiny screen more than I am making face to face relationships with those close to me or strangers. Give me strength to put down my tiny screen and share life with others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment