Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Breaking Up With Technology Overload In 2020



“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10

I am so extremely grateful for when I grew up and when our sons were born. Everyone wasn’t running around like zombies with cell phones being carried like a life saving device. There was no need to unplug because all these devices weren’t tracking your every move. 

Those people  under 25 have grown up with this overload so they know no different and may think I am an old fogey but  alas even younger people acknowledge this constant need for connection is not good. So in 2020 see if you can ‘breakup’ with your phone and computer for a while. Use it for work sure but then stop it. 

Everyone needs time for rest and unwinding and kind of hard to do it with tiny screens blaring at you or the TV noise constantly permeating the air. If you know you are addicted ask God to help. He can deliver you if you truly want to be. Start the year with a walk in the woods or a trail somewhere WITHOUT your phone. Walk and take your Bible or a devotion book and spend time with the Lord. Go get em tiger! 

PRAYER: Oh father as I use my devices I thank you for them but help me know when enough is enough even with seemingly good stuff. Give me strength to admit I might have a problem and to back away. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment