Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Celebrity Look Alike?



Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.Romans 12:2
I have this habit of finding people who I think look like certain celebrities. Just now as I write I told a girl she looked like the Bush daughter on the Today Show. People used to tell me back in the mid 70’s I looked like Gold Medal figure skater Dorothy Hamill.

The person we should all want to resemble in a powerful way, not by outward physical appearance,  but by the inner person is Jesus Christ. There is a statement “if you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you”.Ponder that for a moment or two.

If you accept Christ as savior you should try to be more and more like Him in the way you act, choices you make, and the way you treat others. Truly think about Jesus and what he would do. He wouldn’t condemn, judge, gossip, harass, unfriend people, be ugly, or just hang out with righteous churchy people but he would be kind, loving, and go into the world seeking lost hurting people. Are you imitating Him?

PRAYER: “Lord I want to be a Christian in my heart” the children’s song says. Most people in Western world live a cushy comfortable Christian life venturing out on maybe an occasional mission trip overseas but help me whether I go overseas or stay right here to be used for kingdom purposes. I thank you for blessing me even when I don’t deserve it. Help me look for someone who needs a touch from you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment