Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Shut Or Closed?


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Words can be used different ways for different meanings. A card shop in Huntsville has a sign on their door indicating they are closed but it says “shut”. Guess depends on where you are from even within the USA people say things differently.

Closed and shut both basically mean the same thing maybe one understood better for the purpose it has. Made me think about your mind. Is it closed or shut to the things of God? Do you crack it open a wee bit each Sunday to get a little truth in?

Why not put a big open for business sign on your heart and mind allowing God and the Holy Spirit to penetrate your innermost being?  The thing you can shut out are the lies of Satan which war against truth found in God’s word. Close the door to the ways of the world and culture that try to trick you. Run hard for God’s open door.

PRAYER: Father I want to open my heart to all things God and shut the door on Satan. Help me be discerning of the tricks of the enemy. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment