Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

There It Goes-The Poison Finger

 


Idle hands are the devil’s workshop; idle lips are his mouthpiece.Proverbs 16:27

There is much to be said about the tongue and running off at the mouth but little about communication in the form of writing and obviously not texting. The Navy had a saying “Loose lips sink ships” but even an unfettered tongue or texting finger can create problems with family and friends in this modern culture. 
 
Unthought out comments can backfire. Something said in haste can explode in your face when that was never your intention. If only I could get a grip on my mouth and my texting fingers. Ever feel this way? 

Being still is something to be learned. The 24 hour rule before texting or posting something. Stillness is a beautiful thing. Not being nosey, prying, talking all the time, or thinking things are your ‘right’. Being able to mess up and start again is what God is all about. 

PRAYER: Lord many things can be controlled but one of the trickiest is the tongue and fingers that communicate with others. Put a watch over my mouth so I don’t speak before thinking. Help me gain control of unnecessary texts as well. Give me strength to mind my own business. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment