Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Birthdays

 


“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace” (Acts 20:24, NIV).

Birthdays are worth celebrating no matter what your age. Many people don’t like getting older as if that number hyper identifies you and in western culture puts you into a class society frowns upon, makes fun of, or does not respect. There aren’t too many commercials with senior citizens in them unless the ad company tries to make you look like a buffoon. 

Let me tell you each year of life is a gift from God. I will be 70 on Halloween October 31 and honestly I feel 40, no joke. It says in scripture gray hair is a crowning glory in Proverbs 16:31. Older people have much wisdom that has been gained through the years. I frankly don’t know where the time went as it seems like just yesterday I was having a surprise 40th birthday party back in Bettendorf, Iowa. 

Celebrate those in your family no matter what their age. Respect those elders who have been through WW2 and Korean War as their numbers are dwindling. If you have mobility give thanks. Help those who aren’t so fortunate. Keep running your race to win and don’t apologize for your age or be afraid to tell others. 

PRAYER:Lord I thank you for each year of life you gave blessed me with. I don’t understand why some die younger but I do know that our ultimate prize is Heaven and my job is to help point people there. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen to everything you wrote. In my church we have several ladies who are in their 90's. I will be 78 come spring. Some days, I feel older and some days I feel younger. God has blessed me so I could live to see old age. Some people do not get that blessing. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete