Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Keep Training

 





All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT Bible Gateway

I consider myself a runner although my newest friends don’t know that because I have not been disciplined like pre Covid days to get out and run a couple miles daily. Any thing you do requires training such as a friend who recently completed her 30th Triathalon. 

You can do things you want to and physical training, while important, is not as vital as spiritual training. The devil can try to confuse you to the point you don’t really know how to train spiritually or you start comparing what you do to others or get to a point it is not important. 

Brother and sister getting into God’s word even if just a snippet is crucial to growing in Christ. A favorite place to go daily and ‘train’ in my case a rocking chair next to my bedside table and a prayer closet I need to use more. Don’t become lazy or complacent. The devil is ready to trip you so don’t let him. 

PRAYER: I am grateful for my Bible and ask you to help me daily read it and hide the word in my heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#BG2

No comments:

Post a Comment