Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 16, 2023

It's Okay To Do Nothing

 


In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.Psalm 4:8
Have you ever caught yourself in the trap of trying to prove your worth by how loaded your calendar is? Your value isn’t in all your busyness but somehow Satan tries to make you feel that way. 
As I wrote this I have a dryer full of clothes to fold and put away and a house to clean. I am choosing for now to be still on my living room sofa and feeling no guilt. 
I heard that the word ‘busy’ could be an acronym for ‘being under Satan’s yoke’. Hmm. Ponder that. Do you need to slow down? It is okay to schedule a nap so don’t feel bad. Now go rest and relax and think about Jesus! 
PRAYER: Lord help me learn to be still in both body and mind and not act like I am trying to set Guinness Book of world Record on busiest person. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful insights in your message. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete