Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Don’t Dwell On Controversy



Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.

2 Timothy 2:23

There was a time not too long ago I used to get all wrought up in the latest conspiracy or controversy of the day. Mostly political in nature, I see them now as Satan’s way to get our mind off God. 

If you get an email trying to stir up a controversial subjects begging you to give your opinion and engage in this I suggest just move on and ignore that text or change the subject. 

God knows the future and He has things under control. Don’t make political talk an idol. Stop and think about who you trust more, God or the 5 o’clock news. 

PRAYER: Lord I seek your face daily and I pray for those people who may be captivated more by politics and division than to be running steadfast after you. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I have learned not to engage in talk about politics. When I read certain things on the internet, I find myself getting sort of sick at my stomach. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete