Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Least Of These


 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’Matthew 25:36-40

Have you ever had the experience where you saw what the world would classify as a vagrant walking down the street or sitting on a park bench? This person is one of God’s creatures. I just did a few days ago driving the streets of Boise. 

I know you have to exercise caution when approaching people who may seem mentally off but what would Jesus do? There are so many people with so many needs and your heart may feel like bursting from ‘compassion fatigue’ a thing I hear many in ministry deal with.

What would God have you to do? Not everyone is in a position to serve in this capacity because of raising a family or some other situation. But really the next time you encounter a person who looks like a bum would you have enough courage to ask if you could buy them lunch and walk with them to a place to eat? No doubt people would stare. This is something to ponder and give serious thought to.

PRAYER: Jesus there are all sorts of people outside my protective happy bubble who have real needs. Direct me to who you want me to help. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment