Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Poison Finger Saga

 


 “Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.”Proverbs 15:4

Have you ever had issues with being on your devices too much to either the point of texting  something you wish you had not done. Or issues with Facebook or Instagram? I have and my spouse says I have a ‘poison’ finger which needs to be controlled. I am working on it. 

Sometimes texts drive people nuts and I sadly have been guilty of blowing up someone’s phone or not waiting for a response. The finger is kind of like your tongue as it pecks away on the keyboards without any thought or control. The military has a saying ‘loose lips sink ships’.

The poison finger can also take away from time with friends or family as I recently witnessed a young girl at a coffee shop begging her grandma for time as grandma never looked up from her phone and when she did seemed disturbed. So folks think before you text. Maybe try a call or if out of town introduce your children to snail mail. Now go bless someone. 

PRAYER: Father I need help to break stronghold of texting. Yes it is a stronghold for many. Give me strength to put it down and not take it everywhere. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment