Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Talk To God Not Social Media

 

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.Ephesians 5:15-16
I feel kind of sorry for todays generation under 30 who grew up not knowing what a pay phone was, black and white TV, a letter with a stamp, talking on a phone attached to the wall. Seems as if the youth of today text but don’t talk. Even when together somewhere they may be texting someone else.
If you have issues in your life that you need help with don’t go to the internet or social media but pick a Bible and read Psalms or call a good friend to pray with. A challenge would be to see if mobile devices could be put away for a few hours. The world is pretty much addicted to them.
If you can plan some time alone like sitting in a safe location in a park leaving your phone at home just relax and enjoy the peace of not always checking everyone’s status or looking at messages. Let the phone go for a few hours. Go enjoy being still.
PRAYER: Father I thank you for freedom I enjoy and I thank you for the ability to have a little device that can do so much but it too can be used for harm. Give me strength to give it a break. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Note: Today yours truly is 48 years old in Christ. March 19,1975 I surrender my life to Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Happy birthday. Today happens to be mine also. I am 77. Sometimes, I happen to leave my phone at home. Today was one of those days. I was running late. I only missed it when the choir started to sing. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete