Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Is Your Mouth Your Downfall?

 


We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to control his whole body. James 3:2

In life it is important to be able to control the tongue and not just blurt out anything whenever you want to or get impulsive. If this is your weak area ask God to give you strength and self control. 

Our mouth can end relationships, start fights, cause misunderstandings, hurt feelings, or it can bring peace, love, joy and kindness. If you claim to live for Jesus and serve Him then get control of your tongue. 

You want to say something so bad or text something and you just can’t wait. Be at peace. Don’t do things on impulse take it from someone who speaks from way too much experience. Be still. Pray. Wait. 

PRAYER: Lord the tongue is really full of deadly poison and I need you to help me control it so I don’t wreck relationships or ruin friendships. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. It used to be. I have learned to think things through and rely on God to choose my words for me, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete