Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Oh My Stupid Mouth

 


Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Psalm 141:3

Have you ever been talking and rambling on only to end up having the conversation escalate and hurt someone close to you? It is so easy to just blurt things out and then regret it later. 

How many broken homes could have been prevented if only people would have chosen words differently and learned to humble themselves and ask forgiveness? How many foolish arguments could have been alleviated if you think before speaking. The tongue it mentions in James 3 is full of deadly poison. 

If you are guilty of hurting someone with your words you can work on getting set free from whatever it is causing the issue. Counseling sometimes can help but above all ask forgiveness and heal the breach. 

PRAYER:Father I am blessed to be able to speak but sometimes I hurt people and get mad at myself. Help me learn to be careful with my words and practice sowing joy. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment