Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Mouth Trouble


But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:36-37 NKJV Bible gateway
We all do it probably. Not stopping to think and blurting out something we wish could be taken back such as innocently telling my daughter in law I had trouble getting the top off Tide Pods as it was too adult proof not thinking now she may not think my home is safe for the grandchildren if I have Pods in the house. 🤐
It is so easy to just speak and give little thought to how it is received. It is clear words can make or break a relationship. They can bring comfort or turmoil. They can convey love or hatred.
God created us very unique and the mouth and the ability to verbalize is one of the best things ever. But don’t misuse your ability to speak by belittling, cursing, criticizing instead use it to lift others up and show gratitude and kindness. Think before you speak.
PRAYER: If only I could wind back the clock and erase mistakes I had made with words but that is impossible so instead help me stop and think before always rushing to speak and being misunderstood. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
#Biblegatewayblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment