Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Giant Pity Parties

 


May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance. 2 Thessalonians 3:5

Have you thrown any pity parties lately? No one ever attends except you.It can be easy to dwell on negative and start thinking no one cares.2020 has been especially fertile ground for pity parties. 

If you find yourself attending a pity party stop right then and there and give praise to God for what he has blessed you with. Start writing down things you have to be thankful for. Get outside and go for a walk. Pray. Put on some Christian music. Next focus on Christ and Christ in you. 

2020 is certainly a test for emotional and spiritual stamina. Give God those issues that caused you to have your pity party. Talk to Him out loud if you can. Get your mind trained to focus on uplifting things and not things you don't have. The enemy will grab you if you don't get centered on Christ.Just remember you are worthy and you are the righteousness of God in Christ. 

PRAYER; I know Lord you have a plan to use me in your kingdom and here on Earth. Help me glorify God each and every day and not let thisi life be about me.Use me to do your work. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Note: Click link for a song of praise. https://youtu.be/ZAdQRVgTdSM

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Thank you.I needed this message. I am scheduled for major surgery on November 16. At the end of last week, I had a 'pity party'. I finally realized what I was doing and started praying. I shared with a friend about my 'party'. She knew why and had shared with another friend that I was doing very well with what I am facing. Praise God, He is in control.

    ReplyDelete