Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Covered Wagon Syndrome

 

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.Isaiah 43:19

Many people right now feel disjointed, confused, anxious, lonely, despairing primarily due to Covid and election season as well but couple that with sickness, death, job loss,  a cross country move, and then things are even more accentuated. 

The ‘covered wagon syndrome’ came to me as I was feeling gloomy one day sort of a giant pity party but then thinking about during cowboy days when families struck out leaving places back East to settle in the West. No family, friends, or even an idea what they would encounter. No phones, email, post offices, and on it goes. Sickness, death, wilderness, all sorts of challenges. At least we can pick up a phone and even FaceTime too. 

If you prayed about something and had peace about it, don’t second guess yourself, know that God is still there and He has a plan. Try as best you can to get up and get some praise and worship music going and open your Bible not the newspaper. It is necessary to train your mind to be positive and thankful no matter what. Lean in to God and tell the devil to take a hike as you don’t need his negativity and lies and you are a child of God. Oh yes, keep praying too. 

PRAYER: Today is another day Lord you have given me. A day of new possibilities and full of hope. Guard my heart to only listen to you Lord. When I get afraid I will trust in you and count my blessings. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment