Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Beyond The Hashtag#

 


If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.Romans 12:18

 

The current times in which you live are inundated with hashtags #️⃣ or what I used to call the pound or number sign. You can put hashtag before a word and click on it to be taken to a wealth of information about a certain subject or group. 

Have you ever wanted to get away from computers, social media, hashtags, and everything surrounding them? How does a nice walk by the ocean sound or a hike in the woods, without devices screaming at you. How about a hotel room without a television? I mean I need my device to do this devotion but what I purpose to do is to live intentionally beyond hashtags and all the things causing noise  in the world. 

What is really important? God, family, life, friends, happiness. Being still in a ‘wound up‘ world can be a challenge but with practice you can achieve a measure of stillness in your life without the hashtags beckoning you to keep searching. Give it a try. 

PRAYER: I love life and get amazed with all the technology that has been developed but sometimes it is time to take a break. Help me Lord as I seek to carve out this time weekly in my schedule. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment