Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Words,Words,And More Words


I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1

Every day you engage in conversation with people. Your family, your friends, telemarketers, co workers, merchants, waiters, neighbors, mailman, UPS driver, folks at the gym, and you can add more to your list I am sure. What you say can make you or break you. Words are so vital and thinking before speaking as well.

How many problems have been caused by miscommunication, a misspoken word, a misunderstanding? From my experience, many. Do a search in the Bible for the word 'words' and many things pop up. If you only could think before you randomly communicate many problems could be avoided.

Why not try this week to purposefully use your mouth to say kind, uplifting, encouraging, and praiseworthy things. Try to be alert to any negativity that creeps in. And certainly beware of gossip or saying cruel things. Make it a point to use your mouth to praise God and build up others, not tear them down. Oh yes and remember to also say 'I forgive you' to those you need to.

PRAYER: I have said things in the past that has been hurtful or misunderstood. Help me Lord to choose my words wisely and to make a point to be positive and kind. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment